View Single Post
Old 11-03-12, 00:28

Default Only one source...

Hi Phil

Got my spacer from Carter....Jimmy for his friends. I suspect they all come form the same offshore suppliers and retailed by all the Chevy parts source.

Mine worked fine..... but I have to make sure I get the large bore and bolt size.... the 261 is 2 15/16 for the bolts and the large throat.

On the oil fog...... I lost my dip stick from the diesel MF Perkins engine and oil was spewing out of the dipstick tube like you would not believe. Called the dealer for a replacement and expressed my concern that the engine was probably gettign serious blow by and might need rebuilding.... he re-assured me that on those little 4 cylinder long stoke engines the air / oil fog following around inside the crankcase was standard and normal and very much part of the cooling and lub of the bottom end... so you concept of a heavy oil fog churned up by the rotating crank is well founded.

Felt like a fool for loosing the dip stick ... apparently I was the second one he sold in a week..... so did not feel so bad.....

Bob
Canada