View Single Post
Old 23-03-12, 01:01

Default Body On

Hi All

Oh how good it is to see visible progress again, body went back on and is now all bolted down to the chassis. Put a layer of plastic sheet in between the chassis and the body so that I don't have to keep masking the chassis as I prime and paint the body. Once everything is in place I'll just cut the plastic out.

Now to the lesson of the day. KEEP ALL YOUR PARTS ORGANIZED when I disassembled the HUP I was fanatical about boxing, listing all the parts on the boxes, and putting the boxes away on the shelves in the loft of the shop. But during the process of cleaning and painting individual parts not everything got put back on the shelf. Big mistake, spent an hour searching for the wood frame spacers found them in the end but it would have been easier if I had put them back in the box they were listed on.

Another restoration tip, as I work bolting parts on I keep my camera ready to take photos of anything I've missed or areas that need to be repainted. These are going a photo file of things to follow-up on quicker than making shop notes of every spot that needs to be repainted.

Cheers Phil
Attached Thumbnails
WEB 3-22-12 001.jpg   WEB 3-22-12 002.jpg   WEB 3-22-12 015.jpg  
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com