View Single Post
Old 09-11-11, 02:44
Michael Snetsinger

Default On the Carrier learning curve

Hello,

My buddy and I bought a Mk 1* Carrier about two years ago and we've been sort of in the background of the MLU Forum reading the posts - new and old - and generally getting a handle on what we've got ourselves into. We had been hunting all over the place for a project for some time. Like a lot of you, we stumbled onto someone who knew someone, etc. who directed us back to a gent that lives a few km from my house. It ends up that he lives on the road that I've been trained on for about twenty years. All those times I'd been running past his property admiring his rusty stuff and just over a little hill...

The numbers that I have are 1942 Serial 10038 / Hull 9061 (according to the aluminum builders tag on a loose piece of plate) , 1942 Hull 8677 (according to the driver's armour plate) and the serial # at the rear of the engine compartment can't be read (acid?). So really, since the previous owner had three carriers over the years and he stripped them, we're not sure which one we have.

Well suddenly I have some time on my hands and we're going to start the process of stripping, repairing and rebuilding that you folks know so well - just at a nice slow pace. An MLU'er at the Acton, Ontario MV show last month hsuggested that we make official introductions and share some pictures (everyone likes pictures). So here we go...
Attached Thumbnails
zzz.jpg   zzz2.jpg   zzzz.jpg   Mike's cellphone pictures - Nov. '11 040.jpg   Mike's cellphone pictures - Nov. '11 531.jpg