View Single Post
Old 01-03-16, 03:53

For those that followed Richard's and my follow up on the tread :

I recently traveled to Edmonton for work....

I had told Warren , my friend from Sudbury about it. He gave my name to Chris who came to pick me up on Base for a tour of the Loyal Edmonton Regiment's Museum . Great visit.

I had exchanged with David who is known in these circles as Super Dave and for restoring a Mk 1 Carrier and other adventures .

In turn David introduced me to Reg Hodgson who is famous for his restorations and his magazine Army Motors...

Reg picked me up on base twice to have me visit his collection and David.

Great guys, you should see their restorations..

Anyway , to make a long story short , Reg sold me an ORIGINAL step ladder for the Wire 5 box i am restoring and many other usefull original parts for my box. Pictures will follow as soon as i can go south and have some free time from my latest posting.

I was traveling on duty so was allowed three (3) , yes 3 pieces of luggage not weighing more than 70 Kg each..Guess what ?

I brought the original 1944 Wire 5 steel step ladder in my luggage on my return flight.

The security folks passed it through the X Ray machine and wondered what the heck was the idea ?

They opened the package and left me a note : Sir we had to inspect the package and sorry for the inconvenience. No chance they could of broken it' It is almost indestructible.

So , nice trip to Edmonton. Thanks Warren, Chris, David and Reg.

Boys, there are some very nice people in and around Edmonton !
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 15-03-16 at 02:41.