View Single Post
Old 24-02-16, 15:20
carrier mech

I'm looking at the resiter package on ours now and it has the screw in the top corner. No idea why it does not ground.

It is wire no 22 for the temp gauge according to my manual. Wire 20 is for the LH fuel sending unit to the fuel gauge switch.

I have a job on the go today, but hopefully I'll find some time in the next day or two to pull the guard and do some circuit checking. My wire 22 is coming from the right side of the circuit divider. I should think the coil would be what came off the small resister.

When I re-wired the lynx, I remember thinking it was funny that they ran 12 volts from the engine compartment all the way up to the dash, to then run the 12 volts back to the divider and then run it back up to the front again and twice at that. Once for the 6 volt electrical gauge, and once for the remainder of the gauges. I am running a 12 volt gauge so have the one extra wire tied off at the divider unit.

I note that where your wire 20 (22?) comes off the resister now, it might as well be off the screw one lower. There is no voltage drop from the bottom resister to the terminal that wire is coming from. If the mounting screw was fastened to the top corner and grounded out, it would merely burn out the top resister....it would not effect the voltage at the first terminal. Of course, the race would be what burns out first...the top resister, the bottom resister, the circuit breaker, or some piece of wiring.

More to follow.

Last edited by rob love; 26-02-16 at 00:14.