View Single Post
Old 24-02-16, 22:49

Gents,

I am certainly not an electrical engineer and unlike the three of you, I have never even touched a Ford Lynx.

I do however have access to SC-F3 and a few months ago I was seriously studying the wiring diagrams to help diagnose a "no power to coil" issue in a Windsor Carrier which uses many of the same electrical components.

I am surprised that there appear to be so many different versions of the wiring diagram. It appears that Peter's image is the same as that on page N-1 of SC-F3 so I presume that it is his source. Rob/Rick - What manuals are you referencing?

I have attached a few images from SC-F3 but I find that I struggle trying to get decent resolution in the images but keep them small enough to attach to a post.

On page N-2 of SC-F3 there is a second wiring diagram that I think will be most useful to this conversation. This type of diagram probably has a proper name but of interest is that it shows the voltages, resistances and grounding points.

It shows a ground point at the 6 volt side of the voltage divider. Is this the proof to alleviate Rick's concern about a potential short circuit caused by the mounting bolt passing through the top end of the voltage divider? (again I am not an electrical engineer and understand Rick's concern)

Page N-3 has an image of the voltage divider in-situ in the vehicle and should help determine which wire connects to which terminal.

I have also included a close-up of the circuit breaker/voltage divider and the other half of the legend from the diagram on page N-1 of SC-F3 to complement Peter's images

If any of you would like higher resolution pictures please send a PM with your email address and I can send them to you
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01120.JPG   DSC01121.JPG   DSC01123.JPG   DSC01116.JPG   DSC01075.JPG