View Single Post
Old 07-07-10, 03:49

Thanks very much for the photo, Jaap!
Been out of pocket for the last few weeks on a vacation with my daughter in Colorado. After the family fun was over, it was time for me to have a little fun of my own...
Still lots of old iron to be found.
Am trying to locate the owner of this very nice GP Jeep in New Mexico. It was for sale, but the sign had rotted off the windshield and the phone number was unreadable.
The AFKX 352 I have known about in Wyoming for a few years now, but it was a little pricey, and would take a low-boy equipment trailer to move legally, so I decided to pass it on to a man with the money to do it up correctly. Found it's sister in an old scrap yard the next day. They were both apparently used as rural school buses in the area years ago. I have a friend trying to deal with the eldery lady who owns the yard, so we'll see what happens.
Picked up this very straight 1.5 ton ex USAF Chev, but had to leave it in Nebraska. Will probably go back for it later in the summer.
Also found this modified T-16 and several half tracks in Nebraska, so will try and find out more information on these when I return to the area.
Thanks, David
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0790.jpg   DSCF0845.jpg   DSCF0868.jpg   DSCF0870.jpg   DSCF0872.jpg  

Last edited by David DeWeese; 27-03-11 at 15:31.