Thread: It's on!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-10, 11:19
Derek Heuring

Default Hagerty Classic Car insurance

Jim, I've used Hagerty for years as the insurer for my HMVs and have always been satisfied with their service and price. I just checked their website and they offer International trip vehicle insurance as well as shipping coverage too. You might want to check them out.
Secondly, have you considered joining the Texas convoy? We're leaving Denton which is 5 hours north of Houston approximately 10 days before the start of the convoy. The Houston Shipping Channel is a major shipping area and would in all likelihood have the facilities needed to offload your vehicle whether you ship in a container or Ro/Ro.

Regards, Derek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim sewell View Post
Are there any MLU's participating in the Alcan Hwy trip in 2012 ?

I believe there is a problem with vehicle insurance if wishing to ship into the USA from overseas before driving into Canada for the start of the trip .

Has anybody been in this situation before and were able to obtain vehicle insurance in the USA or Canada.

We are shipping from Australia and would like to land on the West coast of the USA and perhaps meet up with some of the group who are heading from the USA to Dawson Creek in Canada.

Regards
Jim S.