View Single Post
Old 24-09-16, 01:44

Default Reply

Lynn- To tie it down I have made the appropriate eyes on the front and use the rear towing eyes. I have carted it around the city and several hours on the highway with no issues of it moving. I use several chains in a double "X" on the back and then a single chain through both up front with both tightened down heavily by chain tighteners. I use both the "lever" type and the "screw" type to get maximum tension on the load. Both front and rear chains are on about a 45 degree angle so keep it pulled both down and back. I did have it lift a bit in the front when I first started (while braking) so that's why I pull down hard on it. My best thought on the difference would be that the Universals having only three wheels a side, probably makes them more unstable and prone to bouncing/ lifting when braking....

Maple_leaf_eh- I looked at the armour and it appears to be very thin on the originals so I didn't worry much about it. The idea of doubling the edge did occur to me but I didn't. The sides of the tank cover the edge of the top armour so the only place you see a side edge is the front down low. All other edges are top down so less obvious from a distance.