Thread: C8A 1C11
View Single Post
Old 07-01-08, 14:32

Default Re: Hello Frantisek!

Hello ROB!
I am very sorry, I haven't seen your post, it was lost in the middle of the Photoshop discusion

So:1st, the only bench seat cushions anybody here knew about were Ivan's - from the red seat you have seeen here on the photo - but they were totally wrecked. Now I have called him - he does not have any rest of it anymore, but remembers how it looked like - it was very very close to the seats that Dodge Command car has - with the diference, that the canvas of the "underass" cushion, with the springs in, was nailed from the down side to the wooden desk (not to a metal plate as it s on Commander) and this wooden plate was olted down (again form the down side) with 4 or 6 screws to the seat construction. The "behing-back" cushion was the one as is on the Commander , made exactly to pass on the metal plate, that is there on the backrest. How to fix the seat to the car? we still do not know exactly how the "rails" for it looked like, but, for 99%, it was the same as is on the front seats, just extended.

2nd-The rear jump seats photos - I have had a car crash last month, so I do not any car to go to Ivan, 80Kms far.. I could only take some photos of our 1C11s - but we do not have any seats in the back part of the body..

now I have called to Ivan to ask about the Handles, 3 or 4 years ago he made a lot of replicas of both - outside and inside ones ( Remember that the outside handles are absolutely different form any other WWII military car) he still has the aluminium stereos (casts), but not finished - he said it is going to be finished sometimes in Spring, he has a lot of things to do now, with his Ward la France and Amphibious Jeep.. he said that the value of one handle is -+ 20 USD..

on the forum "CMPs in the Czech republic" we are talking about grill covers etc. if you would like to see...as I told you there, somewhere I have the original canvas darking curtain into the windows of the PERS3, you may be interested..

How your renovation goes? the truck photo here was yours, wasn't it? Do you have any photos?

so, if anybody needed any photos of PERS3(orig, unrenovated condition-no seats in) let me know... probably you would need the TABLE photos, or do you have tables in your cars? you will have to wait some weeks for the jump seats photos... Rob, if you wanted, I can send you the benchseat-legs dimensions, or some drawing, too... ( metric dimensions, of course )

so have a nice day, fellas
Frankie

P.S.-
Dear Mr. Waterman
I was looking on your website, really great cars.. Well done!
Attached Thumbnails
pers3.jpg  

Last edited by Frantisek Nachlinger; 07-01-08 at 14:40.