Thread: C8A 1C11
View Single Post
Old 09-01-08, 18:19
Mr. HUP

Default Re: Re: Hello Frantisek!

FN - So:1st, the only bench seat cushions.
RHC - There was a set of cushions for sale in Winnipeg last year and photos were posted on this forum. They do not look too difficult to replicate, and your info on their make up is very helpful.

FN - 2nd-The rear jump seats photos - I have had a car crash last month...
RHC - I hope your accident was not too serious and hope for a fast recovery. The rear jump seat photos you provided in the past are detailed enough for us Rotters to duplicate.

FN - now I have called to Ivan to ask about the Handles,.. he said that the value of one handle is -+ 20 USD...
RHC - The price sounds reasonable, as long as the handles are good duplicates made of good metal - they get a lot of stress and break easy. A photo of the cast handle would be appreciated.

FN - on the forum "CMPs in the Czech republic" we are talking about grill covers etc. if you would like to see...
RHC - We have a few NOS covers at the barn.

FN - as I told you there, somewhere I have the original canvas darking curtain into the windows of the PERS3, you may be interested..
RHC - I am interested as my curtains are in rough shape and I may be missing some of them.

FN - How your renovation goes?
RHC - Slowly. I am taking the time to do things correctly - I have learned that haste makes waste. As I only get out to the barn once a week, progress is measured in small units. Nonetheless, the only hold up to reassembly is the fitting of a new exhaust system. I hope to resolve that issue by springtime.

FN - if anybody needed any photos of PERS3(orig, unrenovated condition-no seats in) let me know...
RHC - All photos would be greatly appreciated - you have the incredible good luck of having access to more 45 HUPs than anyone I know!

FN - probably you would need the TABLE photos, or do you have tables in your cars?
RHC - I have a table, but your photos would be welcome.

FN, if you want, I can send you the benchseat-legs dimensions, or some drawing, too... ( metric dimensions, of course)
RHC - YES! Please send the dimensions. Can you tell us the manufacturing dates for the HUPS you have in your country?

FN - so have a nice day, fellas.
RHC - Every day is a good day in the CMP hobby!

Keep those photos coming. I really appreciate the information and photos you post.