View Single Post
Old 30-08-09, 04:37

Default Congratulations Gord......

....welcome to the world of Monkey face.......

I am glad it is going to someone that will fix it up.....

This truck has been on MLU before.

Do you remember the cab 12 that was advertised in the OMVA than MLU.... also posted on EBay...... it is at least with the Rotters affectionately referred toas Ted's truck...... which I eventually purchased.

Ted lives in Ajax and his friend lived somewhere in North York..... his friend actually owned the two Cab 12...... th eone I got was purchased by Ted who finally gave up the idea of rebuilding it..... at the time Ted's friend was diagnosed with colon cancer and wanted $2500 for that truck.... it was running 2 years ago but admitedly was smoking and running rough.

Ted had approached Brian Gough hoping to find a buyer..... Brian and I had talked about it but the asking of $2500 was too much for what it had to offer.

I am glad Gordon got the truck...... the box has some bad rust holes which makes it more appropriate for a model to copy than to repair.... Gord will have to fill us in before he fills the rust holes.

Now Gordon...... you will need help somewhere along the way.... you know where to ask...... I have every intension of reproducing my 2B1 box in the near future....... if you are interested in joining in on the project let me know.

Once I start getting parts cut to size and bent it would be very easy to have two sets of everything made....... I have my original cab 11 box and one I got from Doug Weatherstone whcih awas a complete cab 12 2B1 with drop side and tailgate.....sadly better used as a reverse engineering template than worth fixing...... Same applies for the tool box...... mine is good and the gauge of steel is so heavy you probably can save yours by some welding repairs......

In any event will hear from you I am sure.

BooB
Canada