Thread: Chevrolet C8
View Single Post
Old 09-01-18, 21:33

Default Rear brakes

Not done a great deal on the C8 as work and Christmas got in the way. But had a spare bit of time and looked at the rear wheel cylinder that was leaking. I was suprised to see the rear cylinder was a 1 1/4 inch - I was expecting either 1 3/8 or 1 1/2 inch. Certainly the parts lists that I have gave that impression. However looking at LWD parts they list a 1 1/4 inch rear Cylinder for a C8A. Thankfully I have the 1 1/4 in stock - thanks to Pete Ashby! I'll be fitting this for the time being as I need to move the C8 and need some brakes! But should they be 1 3/8 inch?

The other little job turned out to be a 'mare! I fitted the rear light lenses, all good until I smelt burning. The tail light had started to melt! I realised the error of my ways - a 12v conversion means the bulbs are much hotter!! I challenged my lad to make me some new red lenses using a laser cutter. He bought them home today, absolutely brilliant! He's done a superb job. I've decided to used LED bulbs in the rear lights as they run much cooler. If anyone else needs red lenses for their rubbolites let me know, my lad, Zac, can make them.
Attached Thumbnails
melted original lens.jpeg   Tail light Lenses by Zac.jpeg   New lens and LED bulbs.jpeg