View Single Post
Old 02-02-06, 18:57
In Vino Veritas

Default Hey Hey!

That was me yesterday! I got a call late tues night from my chum who's Chev tractor was dead in Fort Resolution. So weds morn I loaded up the chains and boomers and thermos and hooked up the fifth wheel beavertail and headed off to the next town to pick him up. 320 km later I got to the next town its -21 and windy and were right on the shore to the great Slave lake. We try to line up his Tracker but pushing it, its small after all, and I find out all the wheels are frozen solid. So I end up having to unhook and drag that bloddy thing all over to line it up . Finally get it lined up and because the trailer is on ice I can't get it to stay put while towing the Tracker up on to it, even the blocks were sliding. So bunched up some chains and stuffed them in front of the trailer wheels and then gave the tracker a jerk with the strap , and it popped right up on the trailer. Crossed chained and boomed it down , hit the diner "Lena's" and three hours later arriving in darkness we were back in Smith.
Funny
Sean
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff