View Single Post
Old 03-02-06, 23:25

The data page I have out of a book shows the 6w7t as having Air over Hydraulic. Much like most Military Trucks today. At least the ones that are in the surplus market and in partial use still.

Bearings would get replaced, hopefully with something OTS that's easily available. I could see re-machining a part or two to get it all to fit. I suspect that after sitting for 20 years at least, that the bearings would need replacement as the upper part of the races would have been spot corroded at one point or another and you'd eventually have a bearing failure in your future.

I'd have to see how it'd really perform to see how it'd work on the roads were I to get one. I'd greatly prefer to have a tow vehicle that could take my WWII vehicle to our re-enacting events and I wouldn't have to hide my clearly post war truck and trailer after unloading. I'd prefer to have a period looking truck, a period trailer and my period armored car all in the same area. Makes for less walking back and forth for tools and kit that one needs.

'43 Humber MkIV
'60 Ferret
'72 M35A2 w/w