Thread: my latest buy
View Single Post
Old 09-09-07, 09:58
Richard Notton

Default Re: Something in the food?

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
Yes, it's that thing Alex mentioned starting with 'V' and ending on an Aussie's toast.
Or M and ends on an Englishman's toast.
Quote:
As for our voltage - of course ours is superior - ask any Englishman - 240v 50Hz, not the insipid 110/60 some countries have
Absolutely, let's have some mains grunt, all 3kW a socket of it. 175 countries use real 240v mains, 39 wimps have the namby-pamby 110v; and some 53 countries use the robust, fused, British 13A mains plug.

Quote:
- even our TV is better with many more lines of resolution,
And in 2008 we get 16:9, 1080p HD digital TV everywhere to say nothing of the advert free BBC1, 2, 3 and 4.
Quote:
and although I hate to have to remind you types again, if CMPs are right-hand drive then isn't that the way things were meant to be? Hmmmm?
Quite so, and your sword hand is free to ward off footpads and blackguards from the opposite direction.

Quote:
Then I could go in with how long it takes to boil a kettle, how much less copper we need to use in our power cables, the list could go on and on.
Using my 3kW kettle, just 80 secs for 0.5L from stone cold out of the 6ft deep mains water pipe.

Can't be doing with advance notice for tea and a severe case of Ghandi's flip-flop.

R.