View Single Post
Old 12-03-08, 10:23

Default Corowa 08

Gentlemen, as all good battle plans only ever last until the first shot is fired I must sadly say that it is with regret that the Leopards will not be making a trip to Corowa this year.

This is due to a number of reasons,however there is a hold on the issue of Leopards to museums (excepting the Tank Museum as logic stated that a number remain at Pucka instead of returning to Bandiana then going back to Pucka).

Ours are a short way off still. So for those who were hoping to see a Leopard at Corowa (which included us) it will now be some other time.

There is to my dismay though, numerous rumours of up to 30 AFVs attending Corowa including Abrahms, Leopards, Centurions, etc. This is a Furphy and I am trying to find the source of these stories. Yes, it would be awesome to have all this hardware in one spot at one time but let's be realistic. The cost of bringing those sorts of toys is rather prohibitave. It's just not going to happen. The cost of bringing one semi (not B Double) from Sydney to Corowa return is upwards of $3000. That's just for the lights stuff. Cents & Leos will cost twice that. As for an Abrahms, it just won't fit on the roads, they're too wide.

Having said all that, I can announce though that if a running T34 tickles your fancy, then you HAD better get to Corowa as it will be arriving Friday..........

You can recognise me, I will be the one inside it with the big sh*t eating grin.

It's not what you know
It's not who you know
It's what you know about who..

Last edited by Ian Pullen; 12-03-08 at 10:34.