View Single Post
Old 04-01-18, 13:23

Default Bofors breech help

The long bit is the sear, it is pushed into the spring, but it glides through the cams as well.
It needs to be pulled out . The manual does say it can get stuck a bit, I jemmy can be used to get it going.
I would suggest gently tapping the thin end in the middle of the circular spring housing to start it off.

Also at the other end of the sear is a small wheel which should rotate.( my bottom left photo.. in the bottom left of picture.. in the other photo im holding the wheel). this is separate to the removal of the breech but is like a little wheel which rolls over the side cover. Just for info.

When the cam is drawn out the sears will fall out of the bottom, as will the breech. It is relevant when replacing the breech if its cocked or not. If it isnt cocked there is a way of doing it. But replacement of the breech if its fired off is difficult. But get it out first and we can worry about getting it back in then.

(I have to add that my Bofors guns are all deactivated and certified by the London Proof House, and have the certificates and proof stamps on the cannons. Here in the UK we cannot own live bofors guns)

Brad

Last edited by Brad Deckard; 04-01-18 at 13:29.