View Single Post
Old 20-02-04, 17:03

Default heavy utilities

Hi david and Brian
Thanks for that.... My question really centred around which of the model types 1c1, 1c2 etc were allocated to each contarct and what sort of numbers were produced... and I suppose what still survives?

Has a representative sample survived or just particular groupings because of some quirk of georgraphy

For instance my HUP 1c1 was contract LV308, was all of contract 308 for the same vehicles? Likewise Ian McS ambulance that I am very pleased to have recently brought home is LV1512, are all ambulances traced back to this particular contract? I do know that Eric in Belgium has another ambulance from the same contract...

So, I'm wondering were the contracts model specific, is it possible to identify which models were produced i what quantity?

and what about wierd stuff like the ZL, were these 'aftermarket type' conversions or factory jobs?

If the C8AX trucks were supplied under SM2934 then what were te trucks supplied under NZSM/MS36? I had always assumed this to be the AX contract. Inidentally the SM 2934 is not listed in the C8A-04 parts list. So were there seperate publications? Any one got a copy?

Further still, what were the trucks supplied to China and to France (and where did these French trucks go?)

Lots of questions.....I'm on holiday so theres time to think!