View Single Post
Old 18-05-13, 15:09

Bob,

It's fascinating to see the detail differences between the different models in de CMP family, even the ones produced during the same period!

I have added a few pics which show the configuration of the C8 brake lines....well, least on mine ;-)

Fitting the brake hoses directly to the frame rails makes sence, but somehow the Chev guys choose to do it different with the C8 (at least have seen this on 3 different C8's). The C8 has a bracket which holds the brake hose.

At the rear the configuration is also slightly different from the C15A....on the C8 a bracket is welded to the rear exle, which holds the brass brake tee and secures to the brake hose. The other end of the brake hose secures to a bracket riveted to the right hand frame rails.

I also added a piece of a picture from Clive's factory photos CD showing a similar rear brake line layout on a MCP Chev. Last but not least is a picture of the (front) brake tee secured to the frame with a clip.

Quote:
Regardless pf where or how many clips they had to hold the wiring and brake lines in place ***** make sure you instal as many as is requried on your truck to keep everything from rubbing, wearing and potentially start a fire or cause you to loose all braking capacity.
Thanks for the advice Bob. I was kind of thinking of adding a few extra clips here and there to keep everything in the right spot....I even have a few holes available in the frame which don't seem to be used for anything else. "seem" as I am not sure if they ought to be used for the wiring loom(?). Anyhow, I will probably secure the bake line on a few extra locations, but that does mean adding a few extra bends in the brake lines to get to all the existing holes, as all the "spare" holes are not in line with the orginal (?) routing of the brake lines.

Quote:
Hope you are still enjoying your project
Definately! But, I have lost a bit of momentum in the project as the budget jar is about empty for now and I need to sort a few details first before I can continue. I know if's part of the fun....but I always try to do the "detective work" during the weekdays and the labout during the weekends!

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
lines.jpg   lines1.jpg   lines3.jpg   lines4.jpg   lines5.jpg  

Last edited by Alex van de Wetering; 18-05-13 at 15:26.