View Single Post
Old 18-08-19, 14:01

Good eye, Chris.

I had seen that cable and it made no sense to me as is, but if you put the small steel tube, mounting clip and binding cord back on it behind the Pye Connector, there you have it...the output line from the chassis of the calibrator!

I suspect the small 3-pin Jones Plug fitting on the connector dog bone was needed for a project, which sealed its fate. Doubly sad, as I bought one a couple of years ago in case I needed it for my Remote Supply Power Cable for my 52-Set and it was a new manufacture item with ‘Made in Mexico’ on the label. But then why go to the trouble of removing the ID Ring from the dog bone? All it would have had on it was a small column of three ‘PL/C’ Numbers that give no real clue as to the purpose of the connector on their own.

Hopefully, now that we have seen the remains of this one, more of these useful calibrator pieces will start showing up in complete usable condition. There must be a number of Mk II 19-Set owners out there who would like to fit a calibrator to their set. I would bet some Mk II sets are already out there with the slow motion drive fitted to the frequency dial for calibrator purposes, but no proper dog bone anymore.

David