View Single Post
Old 19-08-19, 01:35
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Salter View Post
I have purchased items from this particular seller 5 stars

The dog bone at the current bid is around $80 Australian and another 75-80 to post, this make ws19 parts expensive down under

There is another seller with dog bones who will not answer contact messages

All I NEED is the 2 pin plug as were connected to the control cables for the RF Amplifier No.2 and also the 2 pin power plug

At the moment I have a plug from an old jug cord for the power lead and it looks bad

I do not have a calibrator or the plug lead and have decided I can live without one in my collection, so bid on, I will watch from the radio room

thanks
The eBay prices are insane. Current issue (current since the 1930s) chain-link insulators are being offered at 10 GBP or more when the MoD price on the label is 1.280 GBP for the single link insulator and around 4.6 GBP for the 3-link. There is the occasional bargain about, but some of the sellers are adopting the P.T.Barnum approach and waiting for the "One True Sucker" to pay them 50 GBP for a 12-way plug.

(/RANT)

The small and large 2-pin free sockets are both "Multi-Purpose Parts" (The large one was used for power input to the RF Amplifier No.2, R107 (for AC Mains) and the Typex cipher machine rotary converter (12V DC in and 250V AC out) - OK, there was a war on and Health & Safety was a fair way down the list of priorities. The small one was used for the RF amplifier control input, and the WS22, WS31/38/88 AFV power supply/LF amplifier, PCR power supply and R109 power input connector. There should be lots of them about but I suspect they all got scrapped with the power cables for the copper and brass content once the sets became obsolete.)

You could probably cut down the 4-way socket used on Microphone Hand No.4, 4A, 8 or 16 to make a reasonably good copy of the small 2-way one.

Since they are all very scarce, I will keep a look-out for them at the radio rallies and junk sales in future. They do occasionally turn up at sensible prices.

Chris.