View Single Post
Old 19-08-19, 07:56

Default plug

Thanks Chris,

Learn something new every other day

If I can get original plugs there is a rubber maker in town who can mould some look alikes

They will work and look OK I think, only not Bakelite

Actually I am working at making the moulds for the ws19 drop sockets and plugs, to have some made up, then use the old contacts to assemble them

The rubber process is a simple procedure, the making of the mould is a little more of an exercise

fortunately the outer covers seem the same

trying to get my head around making the spaces and leave the air where the rubber will go

maybe other plugs could be made too, for anybody, but the moulds are the expensive drama if you not able to make your own

amazing what he makes, the mind boggles

Last time I was there he was making replacement door seals for some huts in the Antarctic

Was his phone number in the referdex or on the wall by the phone, like "Hey ring that bloke and get some new seals, I'm over these leaky doors"

How did I find him, easy, I got lost and wandered in to ask directions, I was in there for ages, looking and talking

rod

PS. found an empty coat pocket coming down under from the UK in the near future, so clicked the mouse on 2 of 6-12 dogbones. Some fiddley soldering coming soon. Anyone want a 12-12?

Last edited by Rod Salter; 19-08-19 at 11:53. Reason: add ps