View Single Post
Old 15-03-10, 04:15

Default Smoke Discharger Replys

Gents,
what a great response so far to this thread. I would encourage everyone to "put their two cents" in here. The whole idea of starting this thread was to get specific details for the mounting, firing, location, rifle action type(s), and accessories as it applies to the MKII Carrier

Adame
, the two inch mortar did seem more prevelant than the 4" smoke discharger, however there are a number of period photos that clearly shows a discharger mounted. It also appears that dischargers were an option for some time. Have a look at the two attachments from two different MKII's and the stencil on the stow bin. Also, as any other topic one mans book(s) does not make a bible on any subject. But I will gladly trade you a 4" discharger for a 2" mortar :-) !!!
BTW..Comments on the stencils welcome from all.

Derk, thanks for the photo and the stow diagram as it pertains to the location of the discharger. I believe this drawing was dated July 1943. I am also own a MKII and I looking to expose as much info as I can as it applies to the MKII. There seems to be less information on these marks in general.

Ron, lovely pic of your carrier and the SMLE type discharger. It seems there is a number of people who have modified an action of sorts to build what they need. Thanks verra much for the offer of addition photos. I will drop you a note if required.

Bruce, thanks from the forum for posting your pics. Both excellent examples for others to study and learn. My quest is to have the correct rifle action (with proper trigger/safety mods), tube, and "Bowden" cable mech if necessary. Any further details for the Ross M10 action and subsequent mods necessary as they apply to the MKII carrier application would be most helpfull.
Also, perhaps other members whos are following could provide any pictures for the launching rounds, smoke rounds and the muzzle covers would be great.

Kevin, thanks for your input. There seems to be a large number of dischargers put on members machines.

Martyn, Now thats a different type of launcher altogether. I thought only the British could make someting more complex and dangerous to operate, but this one seems like some sort of whale harpoon launching device!! As everything else in this hobby, variations abound!! Please keep up the good work.

Again thanks to all for your input and photos, please keep it all coming.
Cheers Bruce
Attached Thumbnails
Mortar Smoke box.jpg   Gunners 2 Holland.jpg