View Single Post
Old 29-12-22, 11:49

Hi Mike,

Thanks. I should have read that myself . Zooming and making screendumps was also the best i could come up with....so at least I can save some of the details of the F8.

Quote:
The driver has a fag in his mouth. The crew of this F8 have made some interesting mods. Did Ford Canada build their own 1A1 bodies ? The Beath built C8 bodies have the POW carrier mounted to the rear plus other differences.
It definitely has some interesting mods.....that custom cab tilt and enlarged windscreen is rather "tasty".
I am not sure if Ford made their own 1A1/A2 bodies; I always assumed they were outsourced as the differences I noted are not Ford or Chev specific, but more early vs late....or maybe by supplier.
I think the POW carrier mounted to the left rear is an early feature. Those bodies had the rear rubber lights fitted to the right hand side only(my C8 has that); later ones had lights both left and right, interfering with the POW carrier on the left (?). Other production differences I noted are the strips on the tailgate....fancy rounded strips vs straight strips. I think my C8 has the straight ones.