View Single Post
Old 19-02-13, 19:00

Geoff.

Further to your post here on Feb 17th and the Figure 22-15 Aerial Set Up. Are you familiar with that particular aerial system at all?

The reason I ask is that many years back, I acquired a bag of aerial stuff, primarily because it contained a ground stake for the 20 and 34 ft masts, along with the associated mast base plate. When I got the bag of treasures home, I also discovered a set of steel guy stakes at the bottom of it and the PC numbers on the stakes matched those for the same item in the 19-Set Ground kit. I could not identify any other PC or ZA numbers on the other items in the bag and assumed they had nothing to do with the 19-Set at all so passed them on to another chap in town.

The bag was a soft OD green canvas, somewhat tubular in shape about 4 feet long. Sort of a skinny duffle bag, held closed by either two or three canvas straps and buckles. The other items in the bag were a set of wooden, green poles about 2 inches in diameter, three or four feet long, each with a steel pin in one end and a corresponding socket hole in the other end. There was also two pairs of those square steel plates, each with four insulator/guy rope assemblies attached. The guy rope cords were not white like the ones seen in the 19-Set Kit, but were OD green.

I could not for the life of me, figure out how the poles were anchored to the ground and if I split the pole sections up evenly, the entire thing seemed rather low, so I assumed there were some parts missing. Also, the bag was rather floppy when closed, with bits sticking out. Ended up swapping it for an NOS leather Aerial Bag for the 19 Set stuff I had and forgot about it.

Guess I got rid of something special after all. So many toys for the 19-Set! So little space!