Thread: Wanted: Sexton Lights
View Single Post
Old 18-11-22, 19:22

Tom,

The early Sextons with 3-piece differentials used the same headlights as Ram Tanks (similar to Canadian Mk 1* Universal Carrier headlights but with a threaded fitting to attach the wiring conduit rather than a bushed hole on a Carrier light).

Late Sexton IIs used US pedestal headlights attached near the outside edges of the superstructure.

I just did a quick search for war-time images of early Sexton IIs with one-piece differentials. While many of the images are out-of-focus, or there are visual obstructions, my initial interpretation is that they used the same headlights as Ram Tanks/ early Sextons.

The only images I found with headlight brackets similar to your example, are post-war images which might indicate a post-war modification.

I suspect that fitting a CMP-type headlight to your existing brackets would place the headlights too high and not fully protected by the curved guard.

I don't have access to any Sexton parts lists, but I suggest additional research to determine the correct war-time headlights/headlight brackets for this vehicle.

I can attempt to find some images this evening.

Colin