Thread: Wanted: Sexton Lights
View Single Post
Old 18-11-22, 21:05

Rob,

Thanks for posting those images from the parts list.

I do have access to a Canadian Master Parts List for Tank Type Vehicles (which is un-illustrated).

Using the headlight part numbers of C-4942 and C-4943 from your Sexton list, the Master List shows that these numbers are correct for Ram I, Ram II, Ram Command/O.P. and Sexton "Up to Veh.#1300 Ser.#S-234801"

With the Sexton that Tom is working on being number 1164 and WD number S234665, I believe that the type of headlight and bracket as illustrated in the Sexton parts list would be the correct type for both Tom's project, and the Shilo Sexton.

I suspect that both vehicles had their headlight mounts modified post-war to suit available types of headlights. While the current mounts on these two vehicles are different from each other, and the early CMP headlights appear to fit well, they seem to sit higher than if they had the original mounts.

While headlights with the two side mounts (UC Mk1*/Valentine/Ram type) are relatively available, it will likely be very difficult to obtain original mounts for them.

Colin