View Single Post
Old 15-07-18, 21:18
GM Fox I

"Hello group, my name is Rob and I'm a collect-o-holic..."

No really, I think you have to look at why. If it is to truly restore it all and keep it all running and in top shape, you have to ask yourself if that's even possible. Or asking the same question the other way around, what is the number of vehicles you can adequately maintain? I expect that many of your acquisitions are for parts or just to save them so there's a chance someone will give them the treatment in the future.

This topic blends in with the other 'de-mob' thread here that asks the questions "what next?" and "what prep should I do for the eventual?" I suppose nothing so long as doing what you're doing makes you happy and is sustainable. Don't expect that everything you save will get restored, it won't. But as you say you'll never see that. It doesn't work that way.

For me, the reason to collect or restore is the joy of doing it and for the sake of the history and the veterans that used them. Second to that is running them followed by showing them off (we all like a little pat on the back now and again).