View Single Post
Old 15-10-18, 04:26
carrier mech

Default However.....

However, even the most reformed addicts will have their relapses, so here are a few.

First, the MLVW that I spoke of earlier in this thread is now in the yard. It has some history, having gone to both Kosovo and later to SW Asia, where it got painted tan.

From there, I have been on the hunt for an artillery tractor project. One followed me home. I already have the back shell that I seized from a shipment crossing into Manitoba on the trans-Canada highway without the required permits. For shame Wayne.....

I no sooner got home with the artillery tractor than I got a phone call (literally an hour later) asking if I buy army trucks. I raced down about 25 minutes away and made a deal on a partial 15cwt. My plan is to convert the 15cwt frame into an artillery tractor frame. The frame on the artillery tractor I dragged home is, like so many of them, toast. With the mid-mounted winch, they were relatively easy to convert into tow trucks, however, that meant welding brackets and booms onto the rather thin frames, and then working them to death. Another bonus to this 15cwt chassis is that I can use the back axle to convert into an axle for the second limber I have, which has none.

Yesterday, a M38 Jeep with the arctic top followed me home. Engine is very tight from sitting, so today I started soaking the cylinders with transmission fluid.

Last new acquisition is a slant-back kit for the HMMWV. Not a vehicle per-se, but more expensive than most of the vehicles I buy. In fact, more expensive than any civilian pattern car or truck that I have ever bought. Photo is showing the start of the installation.

So I think I am cured. If I had not got rid of those cars, I would have hit 50 pieces, which would have been some kind of milestone. Instead I am actually going down from that number.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0010 (1).jpg   DSCF0003.jpg   DSCF0006.jpg   DSCF0014.jpg   DSCF0015.jpg