View Single Post
Old 16-04-17, 16:30

The finally, some will claim that Canada only used square side hatched vehicles, but there is no documentation to prove that assertion and this vehicle is the same as my c/s 31 which has the sloped side hatch.

While the square hatched vehicles all seem to have a very well followed and documented stamping of the CFR on the front flat surface armour this one does not which is consistent to mine.

I assert most strongly that all the previous patina and equipment fitment is overwhelming evidence that this vehicle is an ex Canadian Ferret desite the lack of stamped in CFR.

I know that Paul and I looked and looked on his yesterday and have decided that we will engage an NDT type to use etching to see if we can find the stamping evidence. Lacking that I am very happy to asure myself both these vehicles are not made up wanna be Canadian Ferrets but genuine vehicles that did not happen to follow the standard.

I found it amusing that despite no outward evidence on the left fender of any holes to mount a CFR plate when I delved under Pauls and offered a CFR plate I had brought with me to the two blobs of drooping bondo they matched up perfectly with the spacing of the plate, very interesting eh?

The oil cooler is an early style that I have only ever seen in manuals and not in person which was a great first for me
Attached Thumbnails
argus 02.jpg   argus ferret 03.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62