Thread: Grizzly Firefly
View Single Post
Old 29-08-13, 22:18

Default Hanno, regarding notes.

To my knowledge, the only printed information from this conference was the package Bill Gregg and Peter Ford mailed out to attendees that outlined the weekends events.

The seminars/discussions were videotaped, but the audio quality of some of those tapes is suspect. I think there was a thread earlier this year in which Peter Ford's son advised he may have originals of those tapes still in his Dad's collection. I took a quick look but could not relocate that thread to see how it ended.

Nothing was ever formally recorded/documented at the evening BBQ at Bill's home or during the various field trips to my knowledge. I do know I very much enjoyed chatting with Bart at Bill's home. Bart's family certainly had an interesting time in Holland during the war. Bart told me of a Canadian soldier he met at a camp not far from his home, who gave him a CMP manual. This same soldier I believe later dropped by their home and gave them all candies and other food items, which were very much appreciated. Bart's one curse from the war, he said, was that he smoked far too much.

And now that I think of it, Bill Gregg had tracked down that soldier and he was going to take Bart out to his place for a visit/reunion after the conference.

Bart had also mentioned his daughter collected thimbles and I was able to find a few from Canada and post them off to him some time later.

Cheers for now,

David