View Single Post
Old 25-03-17, 12:13
Tony Baker

Jacques: I didn't realise I was shipping half a ton at first either! Really wouldn't have picked it was going to be that heavy, but seller knows these things. He also has a contact who is driving a heavy transport vehicle to Nth QLD. I have emailed that guy several days ago, and awaiting reply.

Ken: I will try Land Transport if suitable pallet can be used. Seller advises the larger piece (trails portion) will require 2x pallets to carry it. Too big for one. If memory serves me right, there are longer pallets??? The frustrating thing is, if I were down there, it would be a piece of proverbial to organise packing and shipping because I'm VERY motivated to get this happening. I want it to be as little inconvenience for seller as possible. I can't explain, but he is really doing me a great favor in handing over these parts, so I don't want to keep bothering him with more and more tasks. Unfortunately, without his help, this won't be easy. I think my best bet is the fellow mentioned above, who is not only travelling from that area to QLD, but is intending to visit the seller shortly before leaving. All i need is to hear from him, with agreeable costing.

Jack: Coincidentally, and considering Australian travelling distances overall, you're not far from the seller. I'm checking the Australian online trpt website right now. They sound refreshingly down to earth. I'll call them Monday.

If everything else fails, or is too costly, I will be taking a long roadtrip. My trailer is 7' by 5' and strong. Fitting the parts won't be a problem. I hope weight isn't too great. It's a long way to drive a heavily laden trailer. I've successfully carried the 25pr axle (wheel to wheel). Didn't even feel the drag of it. Surely my parts won't be heavier than that. I'll want to buy a spare tyre for trailer before attempting such a distance.