Thread: Armour Dreams
View Single Post
Old 16-03-23, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Carriere View Post
Fantastic work...... love that you are not just building it but going back to make sure that maintenance will be less of a nightmare........

We always criticize the older machinery....and we should not...... Took me over an hour today to remove a readily accessible screw on oil filter on a 2020 Ford truck........ the filter manufacturer had a bright idea of dipping the bottom of their oil filter cans into an abrasive paint of some sort...... looks jazzy ....but makes the fitting of a filter socket very tight.... and when you have scrapped off the abrasive paint the can is now under size and the Chinese socket slips...... Chink socket was crushed in the vise never to see light again.

In desperation, I dug deeper in the tool bin and found my old heavy steel socket that I hammered on the fiolter and used a 18 in. breaker bar......... this time I oiled the filter gasket on the new filter and fully hand tightened ONLY!!!!!

Glad I installed remote screw on oil filters and remote bracket on the C15a.

Cheers
You make it sound so easy... when one of the turbos failed on my 2010 Landrover Discovery 4, I found to my horror that the only way to change it is to remove the entire body!!! Absolute madness.

I have since replaced the landrover with a Dodge WC52. Whilst not so great MPG, it will be cheaper to run in the long term as parts and maintenance costs are way less.