View Single Post
Old 20-11-08, 12:45
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Smile Woo Hoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynoki View Post
Hi Howard,
Ford today announced that the Geelong Engine Plant will not be closing in mid 2010 but staying open! The plan to import the US V6 and install it in our Aussie Falcon has been dropped. Our I6 will be updated to Euro 4 emission standard and continue on. We were cheering. We are so bloody happy.
A new Ford Australia President is now in control and he just happens to be a Geelong born and bred boy. Spread the word Howard.
Now we just need the Fairlane back too.
Oh Yeah! I'll be spreading the word allright!
Have you ever noticed how Ford Aus goes to s**t when there is a Pom leading the charge. (Or was he a Yank?). It is not because "he is a Pom", but because the Australian motoring public, and therefore the industry, is very, very different to the rest of the world. We are not European, We are not Yanks, We are not Asians. We are Aussie and we like to do things our way. Because, usually, our way is the best for us.
I am (obviously) very passionate about this... and when the I6 does meet/exceed Euro4, just you watch & see it set the bench-mark in the world of RWD sedans! Good on you Ryan. Can you tell me the new CEO's name so I can send him an email! He's a champion for standing up to the Yanks!!!!!
Name:  Australia-01-june.gif
Views: 26
Size:  21.6 KB
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)

Last edited by Howard; 20-11-08 at 13:10.