View Single Post
Old 23-12-06, 23:10

Thanks for the observation, Jon.. you could very well be correct with the placement of the AMU mount.
The array of photos that i've sifted through have shown pretty much every configuration possible, including even having the GPS antenna up on the RH rear mount.
As far as i can tell, the vehicles were configured and adjusted to suit the particular missions at hand and when it comes to AMU placement i'm guessing they worked with what they had.
Either way, it probably wouldn't hurt to get my hands on a RH mount just in case.
As far as the 524 goes, the vietnam-era Legacy equipment was replaced by the new(er) TICCS equipment well before our mission to Afghanistan and thus was not in use. Too bad, really, because it was robust stuff and everyone knew how to use it.
That being said, the AMU i have mounted is for a TICCS radio setup and that's about as far as i've gotten with comms. I'm still searching for an authentic TICCS doghouse to mount in the back as well as the cables for the headset connectors mounted under the pax side dash.

Again, thanks for noticing. Every little bit helps.

Gord