View Single Post
Old 12-05-18, 19:58

How's this, Tim?

The bit missing from the bottom is sitting inside the box. I will add it back in once the box is refurbished. I am thinking of leaving the interior as is and just redoing the exterior in original OD Green. I will try and age the replacement wood divider inside to blend in, as well as the missing metal bracket once I get it sorted out.

Again, this picture is courtesy of Jordan Baker. I suspect he can weld, eat lunch and take photos all at the same time!

By the way, Tim, what sort of handle does your Cases Spare Valves & Parts have for the WS No. 9? The reason I ask is the photo in the Canadian 52-Set manual of the major items of the complete station shows the Case Spare Valves & Parts as having a fixed, leather strap style handle. The only such case I have seen here in Canada has the same metal style handle as on my Boxes Tool. I am thinking the leather handle on the Cases Spare Valves & Parts that Marconi used in the 8 May 1944 manual might be a carryover from No. 9 Set production until the metal handle version became available. They did that with the Remote Supply Units, shipping ZE-11's initially, until the ZE-12 production for the 52-Set was up and running.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Cdn Box, Tools D.jpg