View Single Post
Old 20-07-18, 15:31

Ian, I would be quite surprised to find manuals and that sort of material in this 52-Set file. It is basically a correspondence file holding the letters and telegrams etc that dealt with design, production and supply issues of the set. And as Colin and Bruce pointed out, it is a huge file with no sort capability.

I did notice a chronological order to a section I poked into but that may not relate to the entire file, just the small block I happened to be looking at perhaps.

As luck would have it, the topic of discussion happened to be the failure of the dynamotors. Only 10% of a very large sample had failed outright and it was determined not to have been overheating. They had narrowed the problem down to a significant fluctuation in the 12 volt input voltage which the dynamotors could not handle over prolonged periods. Efforts were being made to divert sets from a pending shipment to the Canadian Army to Marconi so they could investigate further, regarding this voltage instability. The Marconi address was odd. Possibly the operation in England.

David