View Single Post
Old 31-05-22, 17:29
carrier mech

Looking at the list underneath your post Phillip, yes, you do need a bigger shed. Congrats.

The problem is that the sheds aren't the only expense. You then need warehouse shelving, which can end up costing as much as the shed(s) itself. If you are merely making piles on the floor or pallets, then the shed fills up very quickly.

I always think to the Indiana Jones movie where they are putting away the crated holy grail at the end of the movie. That is the warehouse I want...gives a guy a little breathing room to expand.

Even here at work, the main building has filled to capacity, and the armour as well as some of the M-series vehicles have been moved outside and most of the armour tarped. We got one storage shed put up a few years back along with warehouse shelving. It is now full beyond capacity, so the sea cans started. Just got the 4th one last fall, along with 3 of the 12 foot office containers from the MLVWs.

It never ends....the stuff just keeps coming. A year and a half back 18 pallets of Bofors parts showed up. I managed to pare it down a bit, but in the end there was another half can worth of material.