Thread: 5/4 van body
View Single Post
Old 15-12-10, 05:29
Andy

Wound up with two of those at work, still in CF camo, ex-741 Comm Sqn (Res.) Victoria. Both were still the old format type off the Five-Quads as removed with the older interior layout (mapboard etc.) and still had all the shelving, electrical box, heater etc. though again had all the IKEE stuff removed. I don't know how they escaped being turned into LS pods by the Criminal Carpentry Corps, but the current owner found them in a field in the prairies somewhere and shipped them back here. One is currently mounted to an ex-Air Force M1010 Amb chassis that they stripped the back body off of in error (we wound up with two of those at work), and the other is sitting as a project waiting to get mounted on one of the 5/4s kicking around as soon as I can chisel off a couple of hundred pounds of bondo of the best one and replace a few really brutalized body parts. Then it'll be kitted out VHF x 2 and HF.

Heard of one other that came out of Crown Assets locally - Richmond at the time - and it was also on a white ex-UN CUCV. Came across the owner sans truck about a year ago at the gas station (I was driving a CUCV Blazer which got his attention) and he said he still had it. One of the other collectors in town told me the fellow had been to just about every shop in town after he bought it trying to get the thing to start reliably after he bought it from CADC.