View Single Post
Old 12-05-17, 03:40

Default Seat installation and Onan generator

Bruce thanks , that's awesome ! You found it ! Genius, yet so simple .

When you go under your box you will notice the four holes for the seat brackets drilled in the floor.

One set is in front of the Wireless table , centered . The other set of holes are on the left side , parallel and centered with the left rear window . That is the cypher clerk position. There should be a small table on the wall for that operator. This seat is offset to the left of the front operator's but it is a tight fit for the rear guy 's legs..

Now for the 110 Volts , 1 KW ( 1000 Watts ) Onan generator model 10LS-6.

Not all but some Wire 5 trucks were equiped with this generator and also a 12 V Chorehorse as opposed to two Chorehorses on top of each other in the generator box.

From what i understand , the Onan version was for the High Power version of the No 19 set radio suite at Brigade or Div level .

Anyone can tell me what they look like ?

Photos are from the generator handbook found in Derk's spare parts box for the set.

Anyone got a nice clear picture of the set and the data plate ?

Any source for such a generator set ?

I am setting up the High Power version of the Wireless 5 truck as i have the complete , 1944 dated ( same year as the truck ) Canadian No 19 HP suite on my shelf ready to install.

All i need is dimensions for the metal table for two part HP units on top please. It is my only missing part now. Thanks .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Onan generator model 1 Kw.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	90584 Name:  Onan gen sketch.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  48.1 KB
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 12-05-17 at 04:42.