View Single Post
Old 28-10-12, 13:32
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris vickery View Post
This topic has been covered in the past on MLU as well as in various MV publications, I believe that hobbyists have knowledge of the situation.
Chris, I am not sure this is a correct assumption, seeing the myriad of questions coming back up on this forum during the past decade alone. New people enter the hobby all the time, not having the collective knowledge yet. Hence it is important to point out the pitfalls, plus publish new information on a certain subject like Rick has done.

Quote:
Pointing out the obvious and drawing attention to the hobby IS counter-productive. Involvement of Government in our hobby is also detrimental.
All it will take is a motion to outlaw or ban publicly owned military vehicles because of the "dangerous nature" they pose to the greater good of our society.
If you do not believe there are already motions afoot to do such things, then you my friend are the one who has his head in the sand.
In today's transparent society, not talking about potential "dangers" is counterproductive and will bite you in the tail when the "sleeping" dogs wake up. Do not think the governing bodies are asleep!

I think the Canadian example is a good one on how to handle a potentially dangerous situation. The risks are minimal if people know what to do, and are not to be compared to the risks of firearms which therefore require other rules & regulations.

H.