View Single Post
Old 11-08-17, 06:26

Hi David. The way you describe is the way it is mounted on my 1953 jeep. My understanding (and someone can correct me) is the CDN2's originally had these primers mounted down low to the left of the ignition switch. However that location is just in front of the driver's knee and not practical. The modification was to drill a hole and mount them up in the location you see. They did not mount them flush with the dashboard in that new location (as far as I know). Again, someone please confirm (Rob Love...?)

A poor photo below (from 1968 Operators Manual) that shows the primer in the location by the main switch, and mounted with the brass body on the driver side of the dashboard. The windshield washer fluid pump eventually took the empty position to the left of the ignition switch... Im not sure what year that modification came around. In the photo from the manual it looks like there is a plug in that hole. Perhaps the primer was located up by the main switch from the factory.

Update: I just noticed the windshield washer fluid pump shows up in the 1970 update of the Operator's Manual.
Attached Thumbnails
FullSizeRender.jpg  

Last edited by Wayne Hingley; 11-08-17 at 06:50. Reason: add photo and update