View Single Post
Old 14-04-08, 12:36

Default Airfield vs the Van Park...

Lang. You hit the nail on the head with the use of the area near the loading ramp and old club rooms as a starting point for the future street parades. There should be enough room there to group vehicles in makes/models etc and send them off together.

Anyway, food for thought.

I also agree (not surprisingly) with your thoughts as per the Saturday at the Airfield. We are getting more interest from the Warbird fraternity, and one way to keep the numbers increasing is the use of the Airfield.

We will be having armoured vehicles again, this will be at the Airfield as well as it is the safest place to run them for the reasons stated in previous posts. If all comes to plan next year there should be some pretty impressive armour driving around on the Saturday. If that doesn't keep kids interested, nothing will.

Rusty, I don't wish to go into the politics of such an event and the headaches organising it all, so I won't and there is still a committee position with your name on it if you so desire. I will however ask about the suggestion I put up earlier. Would that suffice to cater for families?

I will also remind everyone that we asked for interested participants to help the committee as well in the first post.

As for shade at the swap meet. BYO. They do at Bendigo, and that is the largest swapmeet in the country. I don't seem to remember too much grass there either.

There is a bigger (and growing) picture here.

It's not what you know
It's not who you know
It's what you know about who..

Last edited by Ian Pullen; 14-04-08 at 13:17. Reason: Typo