View Single Post
Old 01-04-20, 02:50
Lionel G. Evans

Default Out in the Paddock Mobile Work Trolley/Bench Designs

Hello All,

I have just bought my first welder and I would like to solve an issue I have as my first project. This will be a mobile work bench - tool trolley, that can be wheeled out over a paddock that has rough ground.

Has anyone developed a design which may incorporate a foldout out work bench-top and storage in shelves for tools and parts? Something that is also very stable.

I will be using some wheels off some ride-on mowers to make the workbench portable. The main frame material will be steel. Not sure at this stage whether the bench-top will be a laminated timber or a square hollow section frame with a sheet metal top. Plus a couple of tiers of shelves and trays.

The other aspects will be stability and maneuverability for when it is sitting out in the paddock and moving it to and from the shed.

I have been using a Gladstone bag sitting on a moving trolley to transport the tools and parts. I use two sawhorses and an old plastic table top for the bench top.

Most of my spare parts vehicles are out in the paddock away from electrical power or secure storage. So it means having to unpack and then pack up all the tools and parts at the end of the day. The terrain is not smooth or that level.

Any suggestions will be most gratefully accepted!

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 01-04-20 at 02:59.