View Single Post
Old 01-04-20, 07:40
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Lionel, the obvious to me is a ute. Maybe not road legal, but with a flat deck and a tool box. Then you dont have to use time creating another project that takes you away from your priority projects. Drive it out there and drive back. Put an inverter in it maybe?
Hello Lynn,

Not without a large degree of irony... I am working on a tray back ute for working in the paddock. It is in the paddock. No it is not being towed into the shed. I did that once before and my good road registered daily driver was left sitting out in all types of weather.

I made a rule that the only vehicles going into my shed are ones that will be able to move out under their own power.

I also found myself working in the shed today and not having a work bench in the new shed - I was putting things down on a shelf. Then I was distracted. After I had absentmindedly put a nut and washer down on a miscellaneous shelf I had to go search for the right shelf. Also, why I was working on an engine I had mounted on an engine trolley I though how handy it would be having a mobile work trolley/bench right where I needed it. It would also prevent me wasting time finding something I had randomly put down somewhere.

There are workshop trolleys with a work bench available to be bought in the shops. However, they are not really suitable for use in a paddock.

I am still looking for where the hell I put my sun glasses after I took them off somewhere. Maybe I need more than a mobile trolley.

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2