View Single Post
Old 31-10-07, 15:26

Default What do I do? Help me please. I have a C8A!

Hi Everyone,

I shall first introduce myself. I am a new member called Jeremy based just north east of Oxford (UK).

I have been meaning to write on this forum for such a long time, but unfortuantely have never had the oportunity to write something of significance.

I have recently purchased a C8A (see photo) which has unfortunately had a very potted history so far. The data plates in the cab refer to the vehicle as being a wireless body. As you will be able to see from the photos the original rear of the truck has been removed and replaced with a home fabricated GS body little resemblance to anything I have yet seen on the back of a CMP. The back of the cab has had a centre bulkhead put into it rather than cab back by a previous owner, probably in the hope of one day putting a HUP body onto her again.

Since owning the C8 I have completed a partial restoration of the cab front in an effort to tidy up the body a little. Unfortuantely I also made the mistake of getting a canvas cover made up for the body, which could become outdated quite quickly if I need to modify anything.

The question is "what do I do?" Do I leave her as she is? Which would be the less ideal option for all, especially for the CMP. Do I try and get some drawings for a wireless body? Or would it be feasable to obtain proper cab back and convert a conventional cab (13)? - I realise though that this is a C8 and I am not sure as whether any C8's with the lighter axles etc were ever made with a conventional cab of this type?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Jeremy.

p.s Truck has been renamed "Harry"
Attached Thumbnails
n560930629_449874_9507.jpg