View Single Post
Old 25-03-18, 14:55
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack neville View Post
What is the real agenda here?
It's a trend lately to be hyper zealous with regard to 'progressive' issues of the day. The environment, race and gender are the most active. It's a silly and hypocritical doing of small (but loud) bans. prohibitions or regulations on minor things like exhaust at a historical parade once a year while pretending not to notice the massive pollution spewing rush hours in thousands of over populated cites twice a day, or transporting useless made in China plastic Christmas decorations to stuff in every Canadian Tire store on this side of the world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a clean environment and would say, as its proponents regularly do, that "every little bit helps" but clearly by focussing on minutia instead of the big picture it's more about control and urban busybodies getting their way (at the expense of things like your ANZAC parade).

I work for a DOT that, amongst other things, builds highway bridges. In the old days we built our bridge, cleaned up the site and moved on. Now, we pay someone to net and monitor the site for nesting migratory birds, find endangered muscles and move them (complete with their mud) to a new location for the duration of construction, count salamanders, buy additional land to re-forest as an offset to the land the bridge will use, do an archeological assessment, consult with our indigenous friends and get permits from at least a dozen government agencies. All of this to ensure we clean up the site before we move on. And then they wonder why building infrastructure is so expensive and we run budget deficits.