View Single Post
Old 04-06-19, 00:56

Default More

Thanks for asking, It is a bit lonely out here

I have had a bit of a hold up!
The council realised about a third of my place was in fact their Park.
All my spare time for the last 7 months has been taken shifting 3 acres and 19 years accumulated "Illegally Dumped Rubbish" over the line from their "Park" to my yard.
They are nice about the whole episode, by marking out an area for me to have done in 30 days.
I have only 2 areas to go, so 2 more months. Come on August.
My side of the line is now slightly cluttered and full. Which is not so much enjoyable any more.

That said, I have been up the road in the crane!
What fun, wind in my beard and did I mention absolutely no brakes, whoo hoo!

I decided the chassis had been repaired too many times, so I stripped it bare, and added a hitch.
The crane has been used to shift my “Good Handy Stored Stuff” out of the park.

Name:  c1.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  66.6 KB

Moving on,
Now that I have set up my new workshop with carpeted floor, air-conditioning and bright solar powered lighting, I can get onto stripping No2 for sand blasting.
This truck will get the engine, gearbox and transfer case as well as the winch transplanted into it from the crane.

Name:  c2.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  88.2 KB

No 3 (other monkey face) Will get all the leftovers and be offered for sale. If anyone wants it in a hurry, a few days help would help

No 4 The long wheel base Chev, mmm, the chassis has been extended and not tidy either, so I will attempt to get another chassis with a complete (drum to drum) rear diff. Oh, and a gearbox and transfer case would be handy too.

No 5 The Chev radio truck, which I want the most'est, is, entirely a long way from anything.
It has a strange 5 stud front axle welded in it.
But hey! it has the little light to shine on the rear of the diff. (me thinking positive)

Neither of the chevs have steering boxes or even the brackets for one. So a long way to go.

I should post a list of “I wish I had one of ” or is that 2 of nearly everything?

And, I have found a water pump for the other Chev, I will be able to run the motor for a longer time after I fit that, and maybe go for a drive up the road too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	My Truck.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	107686

Cheers rod