View Single Post
Old 05-07-20, 16:52
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Storey View Post
Perhaps the tents contain some U.S technology and therefore cannot be sold in Canada.....

Not sure about that. It seems more like they would just as soon not be bothered. They may be worried about guys "recycling" it through the system as well. A check on sold items: scrap textiles show several lots of tents and truck tarps sold in the last year.

There was a complaint a few years ago about a larger item that got sold on CADC form the base here. It was sold as serviceable, but was not. In the end, the buyer got it for free, and the Manitoba CADC clients were told if it wasn't serviceable it should not be sold. It ends up that a lot of otherwise saleable items are now tossed as scrap.

Chris: We have one of the lowest rates of Covid occurrences per 100,000 people in Canada. So when I leave this area into one that is 10 times the rate, I worry. For hand sanitizer, when I re-enter the car, I generally use brakclean. Pretty sure the chlorine in that product will kill just about any living organism instantly. Not for the people with soft hands mind you.

Last edited by rob love; 05-07-20 at 17:05.